I guess this qualifies as DIY install?
My gauge hood has baked in the sun for 208,000 miles and has cracked in several places. The mounting holes were broken when I bought the car, so I glued a couple of washers on either side of the broken hole. The top of the hood had a crack that broke the whole hood in half when I tried to remove it. I got this cover, glued the hood back together and then glued the leather to the hood. There's no taking this off now.
I used 3M supertrim adhesive. You spray on a couple layers, let it dry for five minutes, then press the two surfaces together to bond them. I used about 30 metal binder clips as mini-clamps around the edges until the cover was in place, then removed one section of clips and glued down that edge. It was easier than I thought it would be, but definitely messy.
Installed it last night - too dark for photos, but totally pleased with the look. I also installed some matching door handle grips. Will take some photos in the car soon.