NA (1989-1997) NA Miata discussion within. The MX5's first generation, the NA, sold over 400,000 units from 1989 to 1997.

How far is too far gone???

Old 01-18-2012, 09:15 PM
MFz Regular

Default How far is too far gone???

I picked up a 92 that has 216k on the clock....A/C works, PS, PW ABS with no lights on, and good tires. Rockers are rusted but only the outer panel, and the lowers of the front fenders. Of course it needs a top but that is because the soft top has been folded under the HT for years. It cracked across the roof the first time I put it up.
The HT is going on my other car, so dont ask.... ;-}

I have a 94 M, and a 1990 that I am finishing up a Boss Frog swap in...Question is, if the car runs well and has no ticks or issues, do I put the time into it or part it out? I have te time and space to store pieces, but I could use the cash for a quick sale if someone were looking for a resto DD.... thoughts????
Old 01-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Red To Go

Install top. Dd it with no concern for apperence, drive the other when it's nice.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:47 PM
MFz Regular

^That. Drive it, love it, put crappy tires on it and drift it whenever you want and smash it with no cares at all. Enjoy it!
Old 01-18-2012, 09:50 PM
MFz Regular

Originally Posted by capitalcrew
^That. Drive it, love it, put crappy tires on it and drift it whenever you want and smash it with no cares at all. Enjoy it!
^This. Daily driver. Welded Diff. Crappy tires. Cheap knuckle mod. Dorifto!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:50 PM
MFz Regular

If its DD status please dont weld the diff.... you will tear through tires like no ones business, and its a pain in the ***. Its like my exhaust at the moment. full spec miata exhaust of 98db of loudness at everything except idle. just annoying and a hassle. If you do want to drift and weld the diff, do it to the car you wont be driving as much. thats just my two cents.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:43 AM
MFz Regular

The thing is, I dont want the car.... I wanted the hard top. Now my problem is do I sell it as is, put some money into making it look good, or part it out? I dont need a drift car/turbo project/beater... I have a truck for when it snows and the M until the v-8 is done.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:47 AM
BAMFr

Originally Posted by Meierznutz
The thing is, I dont want the car.... I wanted the hard top. Now my problem is do I sell it as is, put some money into making it look good, or part it out? I dont need a drift car/turbo project/beater... I have a truck for when it snows and the M until the v-8 is done.
You won't get a good return if you fix it to sell it. I would part it out for sure. Plus, its a 1.6 so its not exactly in high demand in the forum world.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Schadenfreude
^This. Daily driver. Welded Diff. Crappy tires. Cheap knuckle mod. Dorifto!
Originally Posted by capitalcrew
Old 01-19-2012, 08:45 AM
MFz Regular

Originally Posted by MF-Brain
eh to each his own lol.

do something radical with a spare useless car for a change xD
Old 01-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Administrator

"to each his own," then you post the most generic drifting video i've ever seen where there's 20 of the same exact beat to ---- car doing the same exact thing i've seen from stupid kids for the last few years.

That's like dressing in black, calling youself goth and saying you dont conform...but here you are doing exactly the same thing as your other goth friends.

not everyone has the time and energy to be retarded.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How far is too far gone???